There are two ways to install Luminar on your computer. The method you choose will depend upon how you purchased Luminar.
Installation for a Mac
1. Click the download link in your activation email (sent after purchase).
2. Locate the installer in your Downloads folder.
3. Double-click Luminar_2018.dmg open the installer.
4. Drag the application into your Applications folder.
5. Choose Go > Applications to navigate to your Applications folder.
6. Locate the Luminar 2018 application and double-click to launch.
7. Enter the email address you used when purchasing the software and your activation key (from your activation email) to complete installation and registration.
8. Click Activate to launch the application.
If you ever lose your activation key, you’ll be able to provide our support team with your email address and they can restore the activation code for you. You can also look up your products and keys at https://skylum.com/support. If you purchase software from our website, you’ll need to download and install your software. Follow these steps.
If Bought from the Mac App Store
If you choose to purchase Luminar from the Mac App store, please follow these steps.
The Mac App Store version of Luminar doesn’t offer the ability to be used as a plug-in. To get a version that can, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Just provide proof of purchase and they will give you a version that can be used as a plug-in.
Installing Plugins into Luminar
If you own additional Photoshop style plugins, those can be used with Luminar 2018. This includes plugins such as Aurora HDR (for Mac and PC) and Creative Kit (Mac). You can also access many third party plugins. When Luminar is installed, it will attempt to locate any third-party Photoshop plugins installed on your system.
To use a plugin:
1. Open an image into Luminar 2018.
2. Click the Plugins menu
3. The image is opened up in the plugin. You can now make any desired edits.
4. Click OK or Apply in the plugin to render its result and return the image as a new layer in Luminar 2018.
Use Luminar 2018 for free for 14 days.
Please check your inbox.
We've sent you a copy via email.
Looks like you're subscribed already
This is sad. Looks like you’ve earlier unsubscribed from Skylum emails. Please resubscribe here.