Skylum allows millions of photographers to make incredible images faster. We automate photo editing with the power of Artificial Intelligence yet leave all the creative control in the hands of the artist. Our software gives rise to entirely new ways to enjoy photography, and we simply can’t do it without an awesome team of engineers and visionaries behind every release. You can change the way people imagine their photos to be.
Do you want to challenge yourself to leverage our world-class cutting-edge imaging technology and bring it to billions around the world? Do you understand the interplay between UX, features, creative results, and revenue? If so, you can be part of a game-changing team dedicated to making creative image editing accessible to everyone.
Design and development of innovative user experience for the desktop creative image editor. Invention and implementation of new UX / UI strategies and problem-solving technologies. Creation of the best visual style that will stand out on the market and be appealing to the audience.
- Improvement of the product UX in terms of measurable product metrics
- Emotion Score, Effort Score.
- Implementation of innovative UI / UX solutions for the tasks outlined in the product roadmap for 2022.
- Implementation of the UX / UI functionality for new Luminar in a major October 2022 update.
- The applicant must have good aesthetic taste, desire to create stunning products, and commitment to Dieter Rams' design principles. An appalling design "hurts" them.
- Not afraid of challenging tasks with no concrete solutions.
- Strive for continuous creative development. The applicant follows market trends and enriches their purview.
- Problem-solving orientation. The applicant understands that the design is created to solve user problems. Therefore, they should listen to the opinions of users and adapt their solutions to users' needs.
- Creative approach, striving for innovation. The applicant knows how to find a new, sometimes unexpected strategy to solve problems; they always look for the most convenient tactics, not the most obvious ones.
- Team player. The applicant finds a common language with colleagues, creating comfortable conditions for cooperation.
- Proactive and result-oriented. Willing to take responsibility. The applicant is used to acting independently and keeping their word. Plans their work and shows top performance to ensure that all the tasks are completed on time.
- Enthusiastic. The applicant demonstrates a caring and optimistic attitude towards work and believes in their abilities. They work hard because they are interested in the product and ready even for the toughest challenges.
- Open to criticism and new ideas. The applicant is willing to receive feedback and responds calmly to negative reviews.
- Create design concepts, drawings and prototypes to determine the best product.
- Suggest improvements to design and performance to product engineers.
- Inventing new solutions for users needs.
- Transform design concepts into functional prototypes
- Maintain up to date on current industry trends and market conditions
- Establish high quality design for final product.
- Conducting user interviews and evaluate solutions with them.
- Working with R&D team and product managers to introduce new disruptive innovations.
- Analyzing how a new product ties in with market needs and consumer preferences.
- Passion to high quality design.
- Work experience as a Product Designer or similar role.
- Excellent eye for aesthetic design and customer appeal.
- Artistic and innovative flair.
- Strong Portfolio.
- Knowledge of toolset is a must
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Experience in creation interactive UI/UX prototypes.
- Be familiar with platform user interface guidelines (Mac, Win)
- Ability to create beautiful icons.
- Skills in motion design to create animations and different complex interactions for User Interface.
- English - intermediate or better.
What we offer:
For personal growth:
- A chance to work with a strong team and a unique opportunity to make substantial contributions to our award-winning photo editing tools;
- An educational allowance to ensure that your skills stay sharp;
- English and German classes to strengthen your capabilities and widen your knowledge.
- A great environment where you’ll work with true professionals and amazing colleagues whom you’ll call friends quickly;
- The choice of working remotely or in our office space located on Podil, equipped with everything you might need for productive and comfortable work.
- Twenty-one days of paid sick leave per year;
- Healthy fruit snacks full of vitamins to keep you energized.
- Twenty-one days of paid vacation per year;
- Fun times at our frequent team-building activities;
- Corporate events at least two times per year.