Create dynamic Black & White photos with this in-depth tutorial.
© Richard Harrington
Do you want to make dynamic Black & White photos? There's no better way than with Aurora HDR. Join landscape photographer Richard Harrington as he shows you how to combine multiple exposures together and then perform a custom grayscale conversion.
This in-depth tutorial walks you through all the steps needed and even lets you use the same files to practice on your own. Watch the video tutorial here.
What You'll Learn
- Best option for covering a scene with a wide dynamic range
- How to merge multiple Raw photos together
- How to compensate for perspective distortion
- How to develop a color photo with the intent of black and white output
- How to maximize dynamic range
- How to create a custom black and white image using the HSL adjustment
- How to save a native file for future editing
- How to export for the web with the right color and compression settings
Using Transform to adjust perspective distortion
Converting a color image to black & white with the HSL adjustment
Before and After
Note: Download the files here
Files may be used for personal practice only... please don't post your results. (Images by © Richard Harrington)