The first Luminar AI update is here.
Check out what’s new!
We’re proud to present the first update to LuminarAI. Thanks to your feedback and support, our team has delivered a more refined version of LuminarAI. In this update, we’ve focused on simplifying the edit flow while fixing the most urgent bugs. Let’s dive in!
A more convenient Edit panel
In Luminar AI 1.0.1, you’ll find a simpler, more accessible Edit panel which displays all Edit tools in a single list. Essential, Creative, Portrait, and Pro tools are now color-coded for easy identification, but you no longer need to switch between tabs to access them. You now have all the tools you need at your fingertips!
A new Import interface
Enjoy a more intuitive interface when importing photos. Click the + icon in the toolbar and choose between adding a folder and adding a single image. Importing images has never been easier.
EnhanceAI by default
The EnhanceAI tool is now first in the Edit tools list and opens by default when you access the Edit panel. It’s now even easier to improve a photo with just one EnhanceAI slider.
Simpler Template selection
Now, when working in For This Photo, use the left and right arrows to scroll through the smart Templates which LuminarAI selected to get the most out of your photo.
Redesigned Toning tool
The Toning tool now has Shadows and Highlights buttons to match the design of other LuminarAI tools.
Now, hover over the icons in LuminarAI to learn what each feature does and how it can help you make better images. Explore LuminarAI in a new way and find all the tools you need.
We’ve improved user interface localization in French, German, and Japanese. Also, the names of Templates in History are now localized.
We caught and fixed a total of 111 bugs. Below, we list fixes which should definitely improve your LuminarAI experience.
- Export photos and replace existing files in folders without crashes.
- Move subfolders within a folder without a hitch.
- Use Clone & Stamp on zoomed photos and enjoy a smooth result, without any artifacts or crashes.
- Smoothly switch between Template previews with no more overlapping of the previous and next Templates preview.
- Add PNG files to your textures in the Local Masking tool.
- Use Cmd+Z or Undo in the Erase tool to go back one step instead of removing all previous adjustments.
- The SkyAI tool now shows all images in the Custom list, including images with the TIFF or TIF extension.
- Install LuminarAI as a plugin in Lightroom and Photoshop in a beat without duplicate files in the plugin folder.
- No more issues with working in the Edit panel, when the screen is scaled to 150% and you're viewing in full HD.
- Apply changes in the Optics tool and switch to other tools without loss of image sharpness.
- Experience a smooth, crash-free migration from Luminar 4 even if the Looks folder is inaccessible.
- Achieve a realistic background blend when adding your custom Objects in PNG format using Augmented SkyAI.
Updating to LuminarAI 1.0.1
LuminarAI 1.0.1 is a free update for all LuminarAI users.
- macOS: Update by clicking on LuminarAI in the top menu bar and choosing Check for updates.
- Windows: Update by clicking LuminarAI in the left-hand corner, then choose Help > Check for updates.
If you’re running LuminarAI as a plugin for Photoshop or Lightroom Classic, we recommend you also rerun the plugin installer.
If you have any questions, you can refer to our expanded user manual.
We’re delighted to present this free LuminarAI 1.0.1 update. We’ve worked hard to make your photo editing experience faster, more convenient, and more fun.
Enjoy creating masterpieces in LuminarAI and sharing them with the world!