Use Aurora HDR for free for 14 days.
2 min. to read
"Never miss a good chance to shut up", said Will Rogers. Why? Here's the answer.
It’s a given, when you start photography you’ll be bombarded by people in the ‘know’ about how to photograph, what to photograph and when to photograph. The PetaPixel and F Stop Lounge teams came up with a terrific list of photography advice that you can easily ignore and still be a great photographer.
- If you have the most expensive camera you’ll be the best photographer.
- You need expensive gear to be a professional photographer.
- Any advice that ends with “because it is the right way to do things”.
- Advice that only gives exact settings instead of the reasons behind each one.. ie – night photography: shoot at ISO3200, f2.8 & 30 seconds.. Versus explaining why a high ISO is necessary and a 2.8 aperture.
- Don’t photograph into the sun.
- Don’t break the rule of thirds.
- Just point and click.
- You need to spend hours editing an image to get the perfect result.
(The last piece of advice doesn't appear in the original post
- we've added it, as we feel this is some of the WORST advice ever. Do it your way!)
Thank you for downloading
Preparing your download...
Did your download not start?
Dont worry, just click here to try again.
Oops! Something went wrong. Don't worry, just click here to try again.
Find & Open
Aurora HDR Installer
Follow the instructions
to install Aurora HDR
Enjoy new photo