Installation for a Mac
If you purchase software from our website, you’ll need to download and install your software. Follow these steps.
- Click the download link in your activation email (sent after purchase).
- Locate the installer in your Downloads folder.
- Double-click Luminar3_Installer.zip open the installer.
- Drag the application into your Applications folder.
- Choose Go > Applications to navigate to your Applications folder.
- Locate the Luminar 3 application and double-click to launch.
- Enter the email address you used when purchasing the software and your activation key (from your activation email) to complete installation and registration.
- Click Activate to launch the application.
If you ever lose your activation key, you’ll be able to provide our support team with your email address and they can restore the activation code for you. You can also look up your products and keys at https://skylum.com/support.
If Bought from the Mac App Store
If you choose to purchase Luminar from the Mac App store, please follow these steps.
- Launch the Mac App Store.
- In the Search field type Luminar.
- Locate Luminar and click the Buy button.
- The Mac App Store may ask you to verify your ID and password.
- Luminar is downloaded to your Applications folder.
- In the Finder choose Go > Application and locate the Luminar application.
- Double-click on the Luminar app to launch and use the application.
If you ever delete the Luminar application, you can re-download it from the Mac App Store.
The Mac App Store version of Luminar doesn’t offer the ability to be used as a plug-in. To get a version that can, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Just provide proof of purchase and they will give you a version that can be used as a plug-in.