While Luminar is a full-featured stand-alone application, some users also choose to install and run it as a plug-in for other popular photo editing software. If you installed after downloading from our website, you should be prompted to install the plug-ins for detected software you already have installed.
If you choose to install as a plug-in at a later time, you can easily do so.
- Make sure Luminar 3 is open.
- Simply choose Luminar 3 > Install Plugins… to start on Mac or File > Install Plugins on PC.
- A new dialog box appears to show you which supported host applications you have currently installed on your computer. The host applications supported by Luminar are:
- Adobe Photoshop (Mac and PC)
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom (Mac and PC)
- Adobe Photoshop Elements (Mac only)
- Apple Aperture (Mac only)
- Click the Install/Uninstall button for the corresponding apps in which you’d like Luminar to run. In addition (though it’s not listed in this plugin dialog box) Luminar will operate as an editing extension in Photos for Mac.
For best results, quit the host application (such as Photoshop) before you install a plugin. You may be prompted to input your Administrator password to complete the installation.