Combining Blending Modes plus Presets is a great way to unlock all new looks, but sometimes its hard to know how things will turn out. However, if you follow this recipe, you can try out new looks visually.
1. Add a new adjustment layer, just click the Create Layer button (+ symbol) in the Layers controls.
2. Choose the option to Add New Adjustment Layer.
3. Make sure the Preset panel is open.
4. Choose a set of presets to use; you’ll see thumbnails for the expected results for the presets.
5. Change the Blending Mode for the Adjustment layer.
6. Open and close the Preset Panel by clicking its button twice; this forces the preview images to redraw for the selected presets.
7. You can now click on a preset to choose it. Feel free to refine the controls to taste.