If the version of the macOS system on your Mac is 10.11 or newer you can use Luminar as an extension to Photos for Mac. Here’s how to activate the Extension.
When logged into your Mac as an admin user, open Luminar at least once as a standalone app and load any image.
- Choose > System Preferences.
- Choose Extensions.
- Choose Photos.
- Select Luminar.
- Launch Photos for Mac from your Applications folder.
- Choose an image to edit in your Photos library.
- Click the Edit Photo button:
- Click the Extensions button and choose Luminar.
Make any edits or adjustments as needed in Luminar. Use presets or workspaces to speed up your editing workflow. When done, click the Save Changes button to send the adjusted image back to Photos
Watch a Luminar video.
Download the full Luminar User Guide in PDF Format