San Diego, CA — Macphun, the California-based developer known for making complex photo-editing software simple and fun, today announced it will bring this experience to Windows users in the fall of 2017.
Apple’s App Store editors have named Macphun products among their “Editors’ Choice”, as well as "Best of the Year" picks for 5 straight years*. Macphun is the only such photography developer to have achieved this honor. Last month, only 5 months after its launch, Macphun’s flagship product Luminar won the prestigious TIPA award for Best Imaging Software 2017.
“We have been delivering award-winning products to Mac users for almost a decade, and now are very excited to bring Windows users products they have frankly been missing in the PC market. Combining power and simplicity, Luminar and Aurora HDR give users a new way to express themselves through striking images they can create within minutes”, said Kevin La Rue, Vice-President at Macphun.
Macphun will be launching a “public beta” of Luminar in July to give Windows users the first taste of their powerful all-in-one photo editor for creating bold images in minutes. To stay current with the latest news, and to sign up for access to beta test versions when available, visit the company’s page.
Guided by an extensive expertise of its Research Lab, Macphun products have reinvented image editing workflow on the Mac for both professional and amateur photographers worldwide. Soon, Windows users will be able to enjoy:
- A straightforward, yet powerful, image-editing workflow inspired by Macphun’s “hassle free” enhancement philosophy
- A truly innovative user experience, where the software adapts to the skill level and preferences of the photographer, not vise versa
- Robust tools and photo filters powered with a revolutionary AI (Artificial Intelligence) that comes straight from the Macphun’s research and development lab
- A wide range of creative photography presets, developed by Macphun and professional photographers from around the globe
- Unparalleled flexibility and creative freedom with the non-destructive editing workflow, and integration with Adobe CC for people, who want to use Macphun software as powerful plug-ins.
- A stream of continuous development and educational resources to support the overall consumer experience
“Committing to Windows, has moved us to invest significantly on Research and Development. In addition, we are designing a new platform for photo management and working on AI technology that will bring entirely new possibilities for image editing”, La Rue concluded.
Aurora HDR — First released in November 2016, and co-developed with the world’s pre-eminent HDR photographer Trey Ratcliff, Aurora HDR made the complex task of HDR photography effortless and unintimidating. However, the software is not just a tool for merging brackets: it brings every option imaginable to create perfect HDR photos - from one-click presets and advanced tone-mapping, to layers, noise reduction and powerful luminosity masking controls.
Luminar — This new and powerful all-in-one photo editor offers smart, cutting-edge solutions to make complex photo editing processes simple and straightforward. Luminar furnishes an innovative user interface that adapts to the user’s skill level, dozens of creative photo filters, easy sky replacement & object removal, and over 300 other tools that together help photographers create bold images in minutes.
With the expansion of their offerings for the Windows platform, Macphun will continue supporting the Mac community and its growing user base of over 4 million Mac creatives. Macphun will launch a major update for Luminar in June, and will launch the 2018 versions of both Luminar and Aurora HDR this autumn.
Worldwide Press Contact:
Get in touch
Head of PR&Communications